um.kiwon at gmail dot com
My research interests focus on physically-based simulations of fluids and deformable bodies in computer graphics. I received my Ph.D. in computer science and engineering from Korea University in February 2014, where my advisor was JungHyun Han. I obtained my M.Sc. degree from the same university in February 2008.
I will join to the Nils' group at TU Munich and start working as a postdoc on July 1st.
- 2015-05-11: I attended the CASA 2015 conference!
- 2015-03-26: I visited KETI and gave a talk, "Fluid Simulation for Games."
- 2015-03-01: The CASA paper has been accepted!
- 2015-02-22: I submitted a paper to the CGI conference.
- 2015-01-25: I submitted a paper to the CASA conference (as a co-author).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, Korea University, 2014
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Korea University, 2008
- B.Eng. (with great honor) in Computer Science and Engineering, Korea University, 2006
Seungho Baek, Kiwon Um, and JungHyun Han, "Muddy Water Animation with Different Details," Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds (the 28th International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents, May 11-13, 2015, Singapore), Vol. 26, No. 3-4, pp. 347-355.
Kiwon Um, Seungho Baek, and JungHyun Han, "Advanced Hybrid Particle-Grid Method with Sub-Grid Particle Correction," Computer Graphics Forum (the 22nd Pacific Graphics, October 8-10, 2014, Seoul, Korea), Vol. 33, No. 7, pp. 209-218. Project
Wonbae Yoon, Namil Lee, Kiwon Um, and JungHyun Han, "Computer-generated Iron Filing Art," The Visual Computer (the 31st Computer Graphics International, June 10-13, 2014, Sydney, Australia), Vol. 30, No. 6-8, pp. 889-895.
Kiwon Um, Tae-Yong Kim, Youngdon Kwon, and JungHyun Han, "Porous Deformable Shell Simulation with Surface Water Flow and Saturation," Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds (the 26th International Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents, May 16-18, 2013, Istanbul, Turkey), Vol. 24, No. 3-4, pp. 247-254. Project
엄기원, 백승호, 한정현, "흡수와 침수를 수반하는 유체-물체 상호작용 시뮬레이션 기법," 한국정보과학회 2012한국컴퓨터종합학술대회 논문집, 6월 27-29, 2012, 제주 휘닉스 아일랜드, 제39권, 1호(C), 377-378 쪽. (포스터)
Kiwon Um and JungHyun Han, "Leaking Fluids," Proceedings of International Symposium on Visual Computing, December 1-3, 2008, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, pp. 1135-1143.
- Kiwon Um, "Fluid Simulation in Hybrid Frameworks and Porous Shell Simulation with Water," Ph.D. Thesis, Korea University, February 2014. (English)
- Kiwon Um, "Leaking Fluids," M.Sc. Thesis, Korea University, February 2008. (Korean)
- Languages: Korean and English
- Operating systems: Linux (main system) and Windows
- Programming languages:
C/C++, Shell script, Python,
- Parallel programmings:
Emacs (mainly used),
Blender (with Cycles and LuxRender),
- Build systems:
- Version controls:
SQL, Server management,
Web (HTML, CSS, and PHP),
Last Modified: June 2015